Posted to dev@shardingsphere.apache.org by "zhangliang@apache.org" <zh...@apache.org> on 2021/05/01 12:16:49 UTC

Draft of ASF Board Report Wizard: Apache ShardingSphere

Hi,

Please advice me if something missing.

The mission of Apache ShardingSphere is the creation and maintenance of
software related to a database clustering system providing data sharding,
distributed transactions, and distributed database management

## Issues:
No

## Membership Data:
Apache ShardingSphere was founded 2020-04-15 (a year ago)
There are currently 32 committers and 15 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 2:1.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Kimm King on 2020-06-26.
- No new committers. Last addition was Lu Qiu on 2021-01-02.

## Project Activity:
Software development activity:

 - We prepared to release 5.0.0-beta version.
 - We worked with the OpenGauss community to help them
adopt the 5.0.0-alpha version version.

Meetups and Conferences:

 - One PMC member attended DataFun Summit 2021,
giving one talks on Apache ShardingSphere.
 - One PMC member had an interview with OpenTecr
which talking about how to grow open source community.
 - Two committers submmit CFP for ApacheCon Asia 2021
about Apache ShardingSphere.

## Community Health:
Overall community health is good. The version of 5.x is more and more
stable.
We are prepare to release soon after the API minor changes.

Sincerely,
Liang Zhang (John)
Apache ShardingSphere