Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Subodhini <sm...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/24 00:28:26 UTC

New to Hadoop

Hello,

I want to contribute to the apache hadoop project. I am absolutely new to
Hadoop. Can you guys please guide me which is the best place to start for
hadoop and what are the prerequisites courses in computer science for
hadoop?

I have work experience in Java programming language and hold a background
in Computer Science.

Regards,
Subodhini

Re: New to Hadoop

Posted by Chandrashekhar Kotekar <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You dont need to do any course for Hadoop. I think first you read
documents, books and understand the architecture, concepts in Hadoop. Then
start using Hadoop and write some programs in it. Once you know basics then
you can contribute to Hadoop but dont jump directly into contributing code,
rather first understand Hadoop.

All the best.

Regards,
Chandrash3khar K0tekar