Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by r....@afterbit.com on 2019/01/02 09:00:48 UTC

Tomcat and IDE

Hello,
I apologize in advance if this is not the correct place..
I develop webapp with Netbeans IDE and Tomcat.. everytime that i make a
change in my code (javabeans) i stop tomcat, clear its cache, and restart
the server.. this is a bit of a waste of time.. is this the correct way or
there are some shortcuts?
Thanks!

Re: Tomcat and IDE

Posted by John Dale <jc...@gmail.com>.
I'm still using Tomcat 7.x.x.

When I change static members or log4j configuration, I have to cycle
Tomcat.  I can make this faster by avoiding scans of jar files on
startup.  When I change non-static declarations, my webapp
auto-deploys and I can test handlers/changes.  Threads can be tricky
.. I only test those after bouncing Tomcat.

I'm using DB2DOM for my MVC and O/R M .. the MVC handler methods are
non-static, and I can test, change, build, and redeploy lengthy and/or
difficult logic in those handlers without a restart.

It can take a few moments to see the redeploy in my log files.

Have a good one,

John

On 1/2/19, r.bottoni@afterbit.com <r....@afterbit.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> actually during development, I use the server in localhost .. but if I do
> not reboot, I do not see the new code changes...

R: Tomcat and IDE

Posted by r....@afterbit.com.

Re: Tomcat and IDE

Posted by "André Warnier (tomcat)" <aw...@ice-sa.com>.