Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Jon Gorrono <jp...@ucdavis.edu> on 2008/08/25 01:48:47 UTC

Re build error

I manually set the Subject line of this message to match the one I
found at markmail.org.... could find it by asking for arhives from the
list service after I joined, though.... not persistent enough....

But I have been getting the same test errors as described in that thread:
Running org.apache.sling.jcr.contentloader.internal.JsonReaderTest
Tests run: 16, Failures: 0, Errors: 16, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
0.188 sec <<< FAILURE!

Results :

Tests in error:
  testEmptyObject(org.apache.sling.jcr.contentloader.internal.JsonReaderTest)
  testEmpty(org.apache.sling.jcr.contentloader.internal.JsonReaderTest)
  testDefaultPrimaryNodeTypeWithSurroundWhitespace(org.apache.sling.jcr.contentloader.internal.JsonReaderTest)
  testDefaultPrimaryNodeTypeWithoutEnclosingBracesWithSurroundWhitespace(org.apache.sling.jcr.contentloader.internal.JsonReaderTest)
  testExplicitePrimaryNodeType(org.apache.sling.jcr.contentloader.internal.JsonReaderTest)
  testMixinNodeTypes1(org.apache.sling.jcr.contentloader.internal.JsonReaderTest)
  testMixinNodeTypes2(org.apache.sling.jcr.contentloader.internal.JsonReaderTest)
  testPropertiesEmpty(org.apache.sling.jcr.contentloader.internal.JsonReaderTest)
  testPropertiesSingleValue(org.apache.sling.jcr.contentloader.internal.JsonReaderTest)
  testPropertiesTwoSingleValue(org.apache.sling.jcr.contentloader.internal.JsonReaderTest)
  testPropertiesMultiValue(org.apache.sling.jcr.contentloader.internal.JsonReaderTest)
  testPropertiesMultiValueEmpty(org.apache.sling.jcr.contentloader.internal.JsonReaderTest)
  testChild(org.apache.sling.jcr.contentloader.internal.JsonReaderTest)
  testChildWithMixin(org.apache.sling.jcr.contentloader.internal.JsonReaderTest)
  testTwoChildren(org.apache.sling.jcr.contentloader.internal.JsonReaderTest)
  testChildWithProperty(org.apache.sling.jcr.contentloader.internal.JsonReaderTest)

This is both on
MacOSX (leapard), jdk 1.5.0_13, mvn 2.0.8, MAVEN_OPTS=Xmx786m -Xms786m
and
Fedora 8, jdk 1.5.0_14, mvn 2.0.8, MAVEN_OPTS=-Xmx2048m -Xms2048m
-XX:PermSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=2048m

svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/sling/trunk sling
cd sling
mvn -s /dev/null clean install

I'll install without unit tests.... just reporting what I found.

--
Jon Gorrono
email{>+++++++++[>+++++++++++>++++++++++++>+++++++>+++++<<<<-]>+++++++.>++++.<---.>-.+++..---.-.+.>+.<++++++.<----.+.---.>+.<++++++++.>---.>>+.<<<----.-.>++.}

Re: Re build error

Posted by Jon Gorrono <jp...@ucdavis.edu>.
Yes it is still failing for me:

svn info:
Repository Root: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf
Repository UUID: 13f79535-47bb-0310-9956-ffa450edef68
Revision: 693674
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal
Last Changed Author: fmeschbe
Last Changed Rev: 693474
Last Changed Date: 2008-09-09 07:40:03 -0700 (Tue, 09 Sep 2008)

svn status:
?      scripting/java/.classpath
?      scripting/java/.project
?      scripting/java/.settings

(from running mvn eclipse:eclipse)

contents of cr/contentloader/target/surefire-reports/org.apache.sling.jcr.contentloader.internal.JsonReaderTest.txt
(attached)

... it was the 'java.lang.IllegalAccessError: class
org.apache.sling.jcr.contentloader.internal.$Proxy9 cannot access its
superinterface...' part that led me to the hack.

BTW diff btween this file and the one generated from r689618 (my last
attempt) is empty

--
Jon Gorrono
email{>+++++++++[>+++++++++++>++++++++++++>+++++++>+++++<<<<-]>+++++++.>++++.<---.>-.+++..---.-.+.>+.<++++++.<----.+.---.>+.<++++++++.>---.>>+.<<<----.-.>++.}

Re: Re build error

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Re: Re build error

Posted by Jon Gorrono <jp...@ucdavis.edu>.
.....~/sling]$ svn info
Repository Root: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf
Repository UUID: 13f79535-47bb-0310-9956-ffa450edef68
Revision: 689701
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal
Last Changed Author: fmeschbe
Last Changed Rev: 689618
Last Changed Date: 2008-08-27 14:05:21 -0700 (Wed, 27 Aug 2008)

--
Jon Gorrono
email{>+++++++++[>+++++++++++>++++++++++++>+++++++>+++++<<<<-]>+++++++.>++++.<---.>-.+++..---.-.+.>+.<++++++.<----.+.---.>+.<++++++++.>---.>>+.<<<----.-.>++.}

Re: Re build error

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
H Jon,

Re: Re build error

Posted by Jon Gorrono <jp...@ucdavis.edu>.
I can quite see right now how prop order is causing the problem... The
surefire test reports lead in another direction...for example, not
sure if was *the* problem but apparently *a* problem is something that
 surfaced in jmock 1.2.0 .....described somewhat here:

http://markmail.org/message/wd6oqfcwtoo5t4h6#query:jmock%20java.lang.IllegalAccessError%3A%20superinterface+page:1+mid:wd6oqfcwtoo5t4h6+state:results

I changed the visibility of the ContentCreator interface to be public
and the tests succeed now

The build now fails much later on (as a result of my 'fix'?), in one
of the executions of LaunchPad's dependency expansion phase:

[INFO] [dependency:unpack-dependencies {execution: inline-framework-bundles}]
[INFO] Expanding:
/home/ccjon/.m2/repository/org/apache/felix/org.apache.felix.framework/1.0.4/org.apache.felix.framework-1.0.4.jar
into /home/ccjon/sling/launchpad/app/target/classes
org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.ArchiverException: The source must not be
a directory.

--
Jon Gorrono
email{>+++++++++[>+++++++++++>++++++++++++>+++++++>+++++<<<<-]>+++++++.>++++.<---.>-.+++..---.-.+.>+.<++++++.<----.+.---.>+.<++++++++.>---.>>+.<<<----.-.>++.}

Re: Re build error

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Re: Re build error

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jon,

Thanks for reporting. This is actually a known issues, which is related
to how the tests are implemented: The tests do simple string
comparision, which do not take into account that the reported properties
can come in any order.

So in fact, the tests may report false negatives here ... We do not seem
to have a good solution to this problem yet, unfortunately..

Bertrand, maybe you have more insight into this problem ?

Thanks and Regards
Felix