Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by SATO Makoto <ma...@ngb.co.jp> on 2002/03/20 03:54:27 UTC

Where to put the XMLObject class file?

Hi,

I'm a newbie and testing the sample XMLObject in the Dev Guide.

Please let me know where to put my HelloWorldXMLObject.class?

--

  SATO Makoto  <ma...@ngb.co.jp>
  Information Service

Re: Where to put the XMLObject class file?

Posted by SATO Makoto <ma...@ngb.co.jp>.
> Hi,
>
> I again got the Xindice 1.0 today and check whether I could add example
> XMLObject from examples.jar in the distribution.
>
> HelloWorldXMLObject.class was located in examples.jar with the package
> org.xpache.xindice.examples.
>     ^
>
> I wrote HelloWorldXMLObject.java by myself with the Dev Guide and
> replace it with the original HelloWorldXMLObject.class in the examples.jar.
> Then newly archived examples.jar was put in $XINDICE_HOME/java/lib as
> examples.jar.
>
> Then I started the server and did the below.
>
> %> xindiceadmin ao -i org.apache.xindice.examples.HelloWorldXMLObject \
>    -n Hello -c /db/addressbook
>
> And I got the message saying XMLObject was created. Also I could confirm
> that XMLObject was created on /db/addressbook by the command xindice lo.
>
> But invoke the XMLObject from the commandline was not succeeded.
> The server said "XMLObject not found.".
>
> What did I wrong?

Here is the server's message with -v option.

C:\temp>xindice lo -c /db/addressbook
XMLObjects:

Hello

Total XMLObjects: 1
C:\temp>xindice invoke -c /db/addressbook -o Hello
ERROR : XMLObject Not Found
C:\temp>xindice invoke -c /db/addressbook -o Hello -v
Collectionstring = xmldb:xindice:///db/addressbook
XMLObject URI = xindice://db/addressbook/Hello
ERROR : XMLObject Not Found
DEBUG>
org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException: XMLObject Not Found
        at org.apache.xindice.core.FaultCodes.createXMLDBException(FaultCodes.java:239)
        at org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.services.XMLObjectService.invokeXMLObject(XMLObjectServic
e.java:128)
        at org.apache.xindice.tools.command.InvokeXmlObject.execute(InvokeXmlObject.java:113)
        at org.apache.xindice.tools.XMLTools.execute(XMLTools.java:331)
        at org.apache.xindice.tools.XMLTools.process(XMLTools.java:257)
        at org.apache.xindice.tools.XMLUserTools.main(XMLUserTools.java:98)

Posted by SATO Makoto <ma...@ngb.co.jp>.
Hi,

--

  SATO Makoto  <ma...@ngb.co.jp>