Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Ravindranath Iruvuri <ir...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/25 01:09:02 UTC

New Subscriber

Hi,
I am Ravindra, Sun Certified Java Programmer and Web Component Developer
with good hands on experience in design and development of applications
using Java/J2EE technologies.
I have around 9 years and 4 months of experience into development of
Enterprise Product Development.
I am new comer to Apache Software Foundation and look forward to contribute
to the foundation in coding and where ever team wants me.
<ir...@gmail.com>
Please let me know how I can contribute to the community.

Thanks,
Ravindra

Re: New Subscriber

Posted by Ajoy Bhatia <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ravindranath,

I am a recent newcomer to ASF, too. Here are some wiki pages that help
newcomers get oriented. You might have seen them already but I still
thought of letting you know. You don't have to read necessarily in the
order I have listed them.

1. http://apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html
2. http://community.apache.org/newcomers/index.html
3. http://community.apache.org/gettingStarted/101.html
4. http://apache.org/foundation/getinvolved.html
5. http://apache.org/index.html#projects-list

Also, here is a mail that I got with suggestions from Ray Chiang on the
mapreduce-dev mailing list (Apache Hadoop project).
--------------------------
Ray Chiang rchiang@cloudera.com via
<https://support.google.com/mail/answer/1311182?hl=en> hadoop.apache.org
Jul 13 (13 days ago)
to mapreduce-dev
Welcome aboard.

I'd recommend reading the HowToContribute wiki for understanding the
contribution process.

For other tips on getting started, there is the "newbie" label in JIRA, but
it's an imperfect sorting.  I recommend doing the following:

1) Look at unit test JIRAs, both open and closed.  Tons of benefits:
they'll help you understand some part of the API, some could use some
comments and enhancements, etc.
2) Pick a component (ResourceManager, NodeManager, MR APIs, DataNode,
NameNode, etc.) and focus on that to start.  It's easier than trying to
understand it all at once.
3) Participate in some code reviews.  It will be non-binding, but testing
out other code can help you understand some part.
-----------------------------------

Hope that helps...
- Ajoy

Re: New Subscriber

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.

Re: New Subscriber

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ravindra,

Re: New Subscriber

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 8:31 PM, Stefan Reich
<st...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Have you tried JavaX? It's gonna be big, and I'm doing some nice machine
> learning stuff.

This list is not an appropriate place to plug your non-ASF project to
ASF newcomers.

Re: New Subscriber

Posted by Stefan Reich <st...@googlemail.com>.
Hi!

Have you tried JavaX? It's gonna be big, and I'm doing some nice machine
learning stuff.

tinybrain.blog.de

Cheers
Stefan