Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ja kub <jj...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/30 01:23:54 UTC

ssl keystore from windows certficate manager not from file

Is it possible under windows to use define keystore in windows certificate
manager instead of filesystem file, eg:
instead of usual
keystore="conf/cert/tomcat.p12"
I would like to use certificate stored in windows vault:

keystore="certmgr:tomcat.p12"

is it possible, or I have to export certificate from windows to file ?

BR
Jakub

Re: ssl keystore from windows certficate manager not from file

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 30/01/2014 00:23, Ja kub wrote:
> Is it possible under windows to use define keystore in windows certificate
> manager instead of filesystem file, eg:
> instead of usual
> keystore="conf/cert/tomcat.p12"
> I would like to use certificate stored in windows vault:
>
> keystore="certmgr:tomcat.p12"
>
> is it possible, or I have to export certificate from windows to file ?

Yes, with caveats.

See:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/javase/security-137537.html#1
http://svn.us.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc7.0.x/trunk/webapps/docs/changelog.xml

Look for Windows-MY

There isn't a formal release of a Tomcat that supports this yet. You'll
either need to build from source or use the current 8.0.1 release candidate.

Mark