Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by marcolinuz <ma...@ospedaliriuniti.marche.it> on 2018/07/03 08:38:33 UTC

Printing is stuck.

Hello all,
I'm running guacamole 0.9.13 on a debian 8.11.
I enabled printing from a Windows 2008r2 Terminal server but the print jobs
remains stuck.

Tomcat logs shows no errors, the same goes for guacd logs (set to debug).
I attach a picture showing what's going on.
Note that the "gs" process seems to not run.

Re: Printing is stuck.

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jul 4, 2018 at 3:29 AM marcolinuz <
marco.casavecchia@ospedaliriuniti.marche.it> wrote:

> Hi again vink,
>
> I'm going to update to 0.9.14 just in case.
> How can I verify websockets connections?

There are several ways to verify - here are two I can think of:
- In the Tomcat logs (usually catalina.out), when you connect, if you are
not using WebSockets you will see a warning message that the connection is
falling back to HTTP.
-  You can look in the developer console in Chrome or Firefox, on the
Network tab.  You should see the attempt to connect to the websocket tunnel
endpoint, and it will either succeed or fail depending on the availability
of WS.

Make sure you're using Tomcat later than 7.0.37, or another Java
application server that supports WebSockets.

-Nick

Re: Printing is stuck.

Posted by marcolinuz <ma...@ospedaliriuniti.marche.it>.
Hi again vink,

Re: Printing is stuck.

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jul 3, 2018 at 12:27 PM marcolinuz <
marco.casavecchia@ospedaliriuniti.marche.it> wrote:

> Hi vnick,
>
> I'm not using any reverse proxy for these tests cause I knew it would have
> added a level of "uncertainty".
> I'm connected directly to the Guacamole Tomcat through LAN.

Ah, okay - I mis-read that part of the e-mail.

> I correctly set up the WebSockets as described in the documentation for the
> access from outside, but that will be the next step of the testing that
> I'll
> do once I'll get the printing stuff working correctly on LAN.

Have you verified that WebSockets is working and that it is connecting
correctly over WS/WSS and not HTTP?

Also, have you tried upgrading to 0.9.14?  0.9.13 isn't all that old, but
there were a lot of things fixed in 0.9.14, so might be worth the effort to
try to upgrade, particularly if this is a new deployment.

-Nick

Re: Printing is stuck.

Re: Printing is stuck.

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jul 3, 2018 at 4:51 AM marcolinuz <
marco.casavecchia@ospedaliriuniti.marche.it> wrote:

> Hello, Thanks for the quick reply.
> Yes, I'm using Apache2.4 as Reverse proxy but only for access from Internet
> that was not tested yet.
>
> The test that you see in the picture was made on a direct LAN connection to
> the guacamole server.
>
> The only thing I can mention about it is that I placed on the server a NAT
> rule that redirects port 443 to 8443 where Tomcat is actually listening.
>
> Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT)
> target     prot opt source
> REDIRECT   tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             tcp dpt:https
> redir ports 8443

My guess is that this is related to this issue:

You say you're proxying behind Apache 2.4 - are you making sure that
WebSocket proxy is configured correctly?  See the following manual page:

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/proxying-guacamole.html#websocket-and-apache

-Nick

Re: Printing is stuck.

Posted by marcolinuz <ma...@ospedaliriuniti.marche.it>.
As far as I know the job name is "Pagina di prova".
You can see it even on the picture I attached on my first post.

Re: Printing is stuck.

Posted by "Евгений Н. Жуков" <eu...@gmail.com>.
Do you have any nonASCII symbols in job name?

--
Евгений Жуков
+79534155676  skype: xrt_nn

Re: Printing is stuck.