Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by "Andreas (wsws)" <ak...@gleichheit.de> on 2004/05/03 13:02:02 UTC

Confused: Lenya 1.2 released?!

I am confused.

All the places where Lenya can be downloaded say this: "The latest release of
Apache Lenya is 1.2". There is no mention that this is a RC.

Did I miss a release announcement? Was 1.2 released without any anouncement?

Cheers,
Andreas

Re: Confused: Lenya 1.2 released?!

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Steven Noels wrote:

> On 03 May 2004, at 18:54, Michael Wechner wrote:
>
>> sorry, I forgot about it. I have renamed them to 1.2dev for the moment.
>

> Thanks! For the real release, files should be named like
> 'incubating-lenya-version-{src|bin}.ext'.

I have updated the "dist targets" of Lenya such that next time the names
will be according to the incubation rules.

Michi

--
Michael Wechner

Re: Confused: Lenya 1.2 released?!

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.

stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: Confused: Lenya 1.2 released?!

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Steven Noels wrote:

> Sorry for the bad tone,

no problem

--
Michael Wechner
michael.wechner@wyona.com                        michi@apache.or

Re: Confused: Lenya 1.2 released?!

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
On 03 May 2004, at 13:02, Andreas ((wsws)) wrote:

> I am confused.
>
> All the places where Lenya can be downloaded say this: "The latest
> release of
> Apache Lenya is 1.2". There is no mention that this is a RC.
>
> Did I miss a release announcement? Was 1.2 released without any
> anouncement?

No release can be made without a vote. Furthermore, the releases
available from http://www.apache.org/dist/cocoon/lenya/ are clearly
mislabelled - it should be made clear that Lenya is under incubation.
<grmbl>If BEA can get its act together with
XMLBeans-under-ASF-incubation, I strongly suggest Lenya folks to inform
themselves (again) on what rules there exist for incubating projects &
releases.</grmbl>

Sorry for the bad tone, but I've made Michael & Gregor aware of this

stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org