Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp> on 2009/07/01 15:38:48 UTC

Re: Installing a patch in a solr nightly on Windows

ahammad wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to install a patch for Solr
> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-284) but I'm not sure how to do
> it in Windows.
>
> I have a copy of the nightly build, but I don't know how to proceed. I
> looked at the HowToContribute wiki for patch installation instructions, but
> there are no Windows specific instructions in there.

I'm not a Windows user, but I think you can use Linux command (e.g. patch,
to apply SOLR-284 patch to Solr nightly build) on cygwin environment.

Cygwin is a Linux-like environment for Windows.
http://www.cygwin.com/

Koji

Re: Installing a patch in a solr nightly on Windows

Posted by Michael Ludwig <ml...@as-guides.com>.
Koji Sekiguchi schrieb:
> I'm not a Windows user, but I think you can use Linux command (e.g.
> patch, to apply SOLR-284 patch to Solr nightly build) on cygwin
> environment.

The standalone patch utility for Win32 is another option.

http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/patch.htm

Michael Ludwig