Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Kirk Lund <kl...@pivotal.io> on 2015/10/02 19:15:45 UTC

ASF Jira Project Roles and Groups

If I pull up a Jira ticket such as:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GEODE-189

I can add a comment or edit an existing comment and I notice there's an
option for locking the comment so that it's only readable by a specified
Project Role or Group.

At present there is only one Project Role "Committers" and one Group
"jira-users"

Is there a way we could add a custom Role or Group? Then we could add
comments that point back to non-public URLs to help the person working on
the ticket. Good idea, bad idea?

This is to avoid having to duplicate every single ticket on a private Jira
server just so we can add comments that reference Pivotal file system paths
for saved test runs and things like that. Engineers aren't going to be able
to fix most tickets unless they have more details including internal file
system paths.

-Kirk

Re: ASF Jira Project Roles and Groups

Posted by Kirk Lund <kl...@pivotal.io>.
I agree. And if the log files and stat files are valuable for working on
the bug shouldn't we make those available via a comment on a Jira ticket?

Even if some application that uses Geode isn't open sourced, but we have
logs and stats for it and that application hit a Geode bug for which we
file a Jira ticket for... then someone who's working on that ticket would
want to see the logs and stats even if they don't have access to the
application source code.

-Kirk

Posted by Dan Smith <ds...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Kirk Lund <kl...@pivotal.io>.