Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Ko...@seznam.cz on 2021/11/28 00:30:17 UTC

[java] - attach debugger - port - automatically remove leading and trailing whitespaces

Hello,

I would like to propose one minor improvement in "Attach Debugger" dialog:

Debug /  Attach Debbuger / Java Debugger (JPDA) / SocketListen

Sometime I C&P network port value from k8s dashboard (web). Accidentally, I
select white space character as well. Minor improvement can be done in
Netbeans in the dialog window to automatically filter out leading and
trailing whitespaces.

Maybe it can be done not only for port, but for all fields as

* local address

* port

* timeout

The whitespace shall not appear in any of those fields. If somebody put
there " " I think it is typo.

Only drawback I can foresee is, that hitting space key won't make any
difference in the dialog.

I have working a POC for that improvement. I added DocumentFilter for text
fields in org.netbeans.modules.debugger.jpda.ui.ConnectPanel. It works fine.

BR,

Jan Kostohryz

Re: [java] - attach debugger - port - automatically remove leading and trailing whitespaces

Posted by Eric Bresie <eb...@gmail.com>.
Is there any sort of issue (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NETBEANS ) for this as well?

Eric Bresie