Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by IAL <ia...@yahoo.com> on 2003/06/01 11:59:25 UTC

XSLTC Using Trax and XSL size - new URL

Hello,
         I am using XSLTC using Trax API and when the XSL size becomes  large, I am getting an error like this.

------------------ Error ----------------------------------------
javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException: Could not load the translet class 'Big'.
 at org.apache.xalan.xsltc.trax.TemplatesImpl.defineTransletClasses(TemplatesImpl.java:311)
 at org.apache.xalan.xsltc.trax.TemplatesImpl.getTransletInstance(TemplatesImpl.java:329)
 at org.apache.xalan.xsltc.trax.TemplatesImpl.newTransformer(TemplatesImpl.java:366)
 at JAXPTransletMultipleTransformations.doTransform(JAXPTransletMultipleTransformations.java:22)
 at JAXPTransletMultipleTransformations.main(JAXPTransletMultipleTransformations.java:61)

I am using Xalan-j 2.5.0 and did notice that inlining is turned off by default.

 I am using one of the sample program. All of the files that I used can be found in  the URL http://www.geocities.com/ial7158/

To run the program, download following files from the above URL.

1) JAXPTransletMultipleTransformations.class
2) Xalan.jar
3) Xerces-impl.jar
4) xml-apis.jar
5) Big.xsl
6) Small.xsl
7) todo.xml
8) todotoo.xml
9) run.bat

And try running
1) run.bat Small.xsl
2) run.bat Big.xsl

When I run run.bat Big.xsl, I get the above error.

- I did notice that 64K limit problem is fixed in Xalan 2.5.0
- And When I did "javap JAXPTransletMultipleTransformations.class", I noticed that each templated had its own method.

I am struggling with this for a while.

Any idea why this happens?

Thank you