Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Latter, Antoine" <An...@legis.wisconsin.gov> on 2011/11/14 17:39:45 UTC

Easy way to tell if there are pending documents

Hi Solr,

Does anyone know of an easy way to tell if there are pending documents waiting for commit?

Our application performs operations that are never safe to perform while commits are pending. We make this work by making sure that all indexing operations end in a commit, and stop the unsafe operations from running while a commit is running.

This works great most of the time, except when we have enough disk space to add documents to the pending area, but not enough disk space to do a commit - then the indexing operations only error out after they've done all of their adds.

It would be nice if the unsafe operation could somehow detect that there are pending documents and abort.

In the interim I'll have the unsafe operation perform a commit when it starts, but I've been weeding out useless commits from my app recently and I don't like them creeping back in.

Thanks,
Antoine

RE: Easy way to tell if there are pending documents

Posted by "Latter, Antoine" <An...@legis.wisconsin.gov>.
Excellent. It looks like I can drill down into exactly what I want without having to load up the rest of the statistics.

Posted by Justin Caratzas <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Latter, Antoine" <An...@legis.wisconsin.gov>.

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Antoine,