Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Short, Dave" <da...@pfizer.com> on 2002/09/17 19:30:24 UTC

Virtual hosts using Apache 2.0.40, Tomcat 4.1.10 and mod_jk2

Can anyone please provide a working configuration for Apache 2.0.40 virtual
hosts with Tomcat 4.1.10 (running in-process) and mod_jk2?

Defining a virtual host in Apache, redirecting to Tomcat (via
workers.properties), defining a virtual host and context in the server.xml
file isn't working somehow.  The examples example works just fine when
defined without a virtual host in Apache.  When defined as a virtual host,
Tomcat seems unable to find Java classes and import files.  No errors are
written anywhere (that I can find) and the jsp executes ok, but any Java
classes are not called.  If I run the date example form a non virtual host
Apache, everything works.  When running the same example with an Apache
virtual host set up, the date jsp is executed but the date class it calls is
not invoked.  The date example boiler plate text is displayed without
values.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Virtual hosts using Apache 2.0.40, Tomcat 4.1.10 and mod_jk2

Posted by Dom <do...@free.fr>.
Hi

I'm having the same trouble using Apache 2.0.40, Tomcat 4.1.10 and mod_jk2
with virtual hosts

It works without problem without v.h., but the only doc I've found about
mod_jk2 doesn't talk about v.h.(
http://www.apache.org/~jfclere/jk2_docs/configweb.html)

Maybe mod_jk2 isn't ready for v.h ?

(I don't have any trouble with the same configuration but mod_jk instead of
mod_jk2)

Dom

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>