Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Vetle Leinonen-Roeim <ve...@roeim.net> on 2014/08/26 19:00:43 UTC

More partitions than consumers

Hi,

As far as I can see, the (otherwise great and very helpful)
documentation isn't explicit about this, but: given more partitions than
consumers, will all messages still be read?

I've discussed this with some people, and there is some disagreement, so
a clear answer to this would be greatly appriciated!

Regards,
Vetle

Re: More partitions than consumers

Posted by Vetle Leinonen-Roeim <ve...@roeim.net>.
Exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks! :)

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gs...@cloudera.com>.
I hope this helps: