Posted to yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2012/10/09 18:09:35 UTC

Re: Fix versions for commits branch-0.23

I don't see much of a reason to have the same JIRA listed under both 0.23
and 2.0.  I can see some advantage of being able to see what went into
0.23.X by looking at a 2.0.X CHANGES.txt, but unless the two are released
at exactly the same time they will be out of date with each other in the
best cases.  I personally think the only way to truly know what is in
0.23.X is to look at the CHANGES.txt on 0.23.X and similarly for 2.X.
Having JIRA be in sync is a huge help and we should definitely push for
that.  I just don't see much value in trying very hard to have the
CHANGES.txt stay in sync.

--Bobby

Posted by Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org>.
I don't think figuring out the version of 0.23.X that a JIRA went into is
really a problem. Identifying the 2.X version that includes a specific JIRA
can be difficult though - if the JIRA is listed under the 0.23.X section
only.
Agree with having JIRA in sync (including the 2.x version and 0.23.x
version). It'd be good to keep CHANGES.txt in sync as well since it is
maintained. (I'm not sure why we maintain both -  CHANGES.txt as well as a
fix version in JIRA).

Thanks
- Sid