Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Ersin ER <er...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/24 15:50:15 UTC

Best Open Source RCP Application: Apache Directory Studio !!!

Hi!

As far as I can see from Eclipse website, Apache Directory Studio is
recognized as the Best Open Source RCP Application! Here is the URL:

http://www.eclipse.org/org/press-release/20090323_AwardsWinners.php

Congratulations to all committers, especially to Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot and
Stefan Seelmann.

--
Ersin ER
http://www.ersiner.net

Re: Best Open Source RCP Application: Apache Directory Studio !!!

Posted by Ludovic Poitou <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Congratulations to the Apache Directory Studio team. This is a well
deserved award.

Regards,

Ludovic Poitou
OpenDS Community Manager.

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@gmail.com>.
Yes a job well done.  If what I saw today comes out soon I think you'll be
getting this award every year.

Congrats!!!

Alex

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ay...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations guys :)

--
Kiran Ayyagari

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Hi Ersin!
You were faster than us...

We saw that this morning with Stefan and the rest of the Apache Directory
people here in Amsterdam for ApacheCon.

That's a very great news!

Stefan is currently preparing a news release and I'm updating the website.
Everything should be up in the hour.

Thanks,
Pierre-Arnaud

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
Hi guys,

so we did it ! Last year, we were second, this year first, I cant
imagine where we will be next year !!

Ok, now, I would like to *thanks* those who made it :
- Stefan Seelmann, who brought Elbe, the SourceForge project he started
3 years ago, which became the LDAP browser
- Pierre Arnaud Marcelot, who brought the Schema Editor and the Apache
DS integration
- Felix Knecht who made the Maven integration possible and added the
german translation.

Of course, they did a lot more, since the initial version, but without
them, we would still be using ldapadd and ldapsearch ;-). Many other has
participated at some level or another to the effort, but those three
great guys did 95% of the work (at least).

Last, not least, a special thanks to Alex Karasulu who was at the origin
of the Apache Directory Server 8 years ago (I can believe he is still
around and kicking !!!). Without him gathering all of us around this
great project, nothing would have existed.

Thanks you all !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: Best Open Source RCP Application: Apache Directory Studio !!!

Posted by Ludovic Poitou <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Hi Ersin!