Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Gaetan Njinang <ga...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/03 15:48:49 UTC

[users@httpd] I need to activate a NULL cipher in modssl

Hello,

Please, I have a problem. I need to activate NULL cipher in modssl.

I need to implement a strong authentication between two servers groups.
First group of servers: reverse proxies. Second group of servers: backend
application servers.
It is very important to not increase the load of reverse proxies (because
they are already overloaded - they will not support the price of ciphering
communications). So, I need to force the proxies servers and the backends
to negotiate a NULL cipher. Conceptually, it makes sense, since I just need
authentication.

Can someone help me on that, please ? Is it possible without recompiling
apache and/or the modssl ?

Thanks

Re: [users@httpd] I need to activate a NULL cipher in modssl

Posted by Daniel <df...@gmail.com>.
Have you tried setting it up with SSLProxyCipherSuite yet?

Posted by Gaetan Njinang <ga...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your answers.

Stunnel seems to be a good solution.
Been discussed recently, see
https://www.spinics.net/lists/apache-users/msg112140.html (or other browser
for this maillist). I still vote for stunnel.

--

With Best Regards,
Marat Khalili

Posted by Marat Khalili <mk...@rqc.ru>.