Posted to users@maven.apache.org by 신상재 <co...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/25 12:41:23 UTC

What does "SNAPSHOT" means?

I'm a beginner for maven.
I tried first example.

mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app -DartifactId=my-app

It works, displayed like this.

[INFO]
[INFO] Using following parameters for creating Archetype:
maven-archetype-quickstart:RELEASE
[INFO]
[INFO] Parameter: groupId, Value: com.mycompany.app
[INFO] Parameter: packageName, Value: com.mycompany.app
[INFO] Parameter: package, Value: org.codelabor.app
[INFO] Parameter: artifactId, Value: my-app
[INFO] Parameter: basedir, Value: C:\workspace
[INFO] Parameter: version, Value: 1.0-SNAPSHOT

But I don't know what does "SNAPSHOT" means on version part.

What is "SNAPSHOT"?

Re: What does "SNAPSHOT" means?

Posted by Jo Vandermeeren <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sang-Jea,

It's a version indicator that is used for all builds between the start
development on that version and the release of the final build of that
version.
So yes, you could interpret it more or less as a version indicator for all
nightly build versions.

Happy hacking!
Jo

Re: What does "SNAPSHOT" means?