Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Allen Gilliland <Al...@Sun.COM> on 2005/10/25 21:43:28 UTC

testing db scripts

is anyone testing the db scripts on postgresql or hsql?

i installed a postgres database so that i could test out the pubtime
update that i'm trying to include and when i run the 130 -> 200 update
script i see a huge list of errors.

i guess a good question is how exactly are we planning to deal with
various databases as we move forward?  i personally find it a bit
cumbersome to be responsible for designing and testing db scripts on all
of our supported databases by myself each time i want to make a change.
it seems like we could use a little more organization in this
department.

-- Allen

"roller_user_permissions_pkey" for table "roller_user_permissions"
CREATE TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
CREATE INDEX
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
CREATE INDEX
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
CREATE INDEX
"roller_audit_log_pkey" for table "roller_audit_log"
CREATE TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "pt" at character 19
LINE 1: update pingtarget pt set pt.conditioncode=pt.condition;
                          ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "foreign" at character 26
LINE 1: alter table website drop foreign key website_userid_fk;
                                 ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "foreign" at character 27
LINE 1: alter table userrole drop foreign key userrole_userid_fk;
                                  ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "foreign" at character 26
LINE 1: alter table webpage drop foreign key weblogpage_websiteid_fk...
                                 ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "foreign" at character 30
LINE 1: alter table weblogentry drop foreign key weblogentry_website...
                                     ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "foreign" at character 30
LINE 1: alter table weblogentry drop foreign key weblogentry_categor...
                                     ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "foreign" at character 33
LINE 1: alter table weblogcategory drop foreign key weblogcategory_w...
                                        ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "foreign" at character 26
LINE 1: alter table comment drop foreign key comment_entryid_fk;
                                 ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "foreign" at character 33
LINE 1: alter table entryattribute drop foreign key att_entryid_fk;
                                        ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "foreign" at character 26
LINE 1: alter table referer drop foreign key referer_entryid_fk;
                                 ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "foreign" at character 26
LINE 1: alter table referer drop foreign key referer_websiteid_fk;
                                 ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "foreign" at character 25
LINE 1: alter table folder drop foreign key folder_websiteid_fk;
                                ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "foreign" at character 27
LINE 1: alter table bookmark drop foreign key bookmark_folderid_fk;
                                  ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "foreign" at character 27
LINE 1: alter table newsfeed drop foreign key newsfeed_websiteid_fk;
                                  ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "foreign" at character 29
LINE 1: alter table pingtarget drop foreign key pingtarget_websiteid...
                                    ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "foreign" at character 27
LINE 1: alter table autoping drop foreign key autoping_websiteid_fk;
                                  ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "foreign" at character 27
LINE 1: alter table autoping drop foreign key autoping_pingtargetid_...
                                  ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "foreign" at character 31
LINE 1: alter table pingcategory drop foreign key pingcategory_autop...
                                      ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "foreign" at character 31
LINE 1: alter table pingcategory drop foreign key pingcategory_categ...
                                      ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "userrole_userid_index" at character 33
LINE 1: alter table userrole drop index userrole_userid_index;
                                        ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "userrole_username_index" at character
33
LINE 1: alter table userrole drop index userrole_username_index;
                                        ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "usercookie_username_index" at character
35
LINE 1: alter table usercookie drop index usercookie_username_index;
                                          ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "usercookie_cookieid_index" at character
35
LINE 1: alter table usercookie drop index usercookie_cookieid_index;
                                          ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "webpage_name_index" at character 32
LINE 1: alter table webpage drop index webpage_name_index;
                                       ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "webpage_link_index" at character 32
LINE 1: alter table webpage drop index webpage_link_index;
                                       ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "webpage_id_index" at character 32
LINE 1: alter table webpage drop index webpage_id_index;
                                       ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "website_id_index" at character 32
LINE 1: alter table website drop index website_id_index;
                                       ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "website_userid_index" at character 32
LINE 1: alter table website drop index website_userid_index;
                                       ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "website_isenabled_index" at character
32
LINE 1: alter table website drop index website_isenabled_index;
                                       ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "folder_websiteid_index" at character 31
LINE 1: alter table folder drop index folder_websiteid_index;
                                      ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "folderassoc_folderid_index" at
character 36
LINE 1: alter table folderassoc drop index folderassoc_folderid_inde...
                                           ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "folderassoc_ancestorid_index" at
character 36
LINE 1: alter table folderassoc drop index folderassoc_ancestorid_in...
                                           ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "folderassoc_relation_index" at
character 36
LINE 1: alter table folderassoc drop index folderassoc_relation_inde...
                                           ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "bookmark_folderid_index" at character
33
LINE 1: alter table bookmark drop index bookmark_folderid_index;
                                        ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "weblogcategory_websiteid_index" at
character 39LINE 1: alter table weblogcategory drop index
weblogcategory_website...
                                              ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "weblogcategoryassoc_categoryid_index"
at character 44
LINE 1: alter table weblogcategoryassoc drop index weblogcategoryass...
                                                   ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "weblogcategoryassoc_ancestorid_index"
at character 44
LINE 1: alter table weblogcategoryassoc drop index weblogcategoryass...
                                                   ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "weblogcategoryassoc_relation_index" at
character 44
LINE 1: alter table weblogcategoryassoc drop index weblogcategoryass...
                                                   ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "weblogentry_websiteid_index" at
character 36
LINE 1: alter table weblogentry drop index weblogentry_websiteid_ind...
                                           ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "weblogentry_categoryid_index" at
character 36
LINE 1: alter table weblogentry drop index weblogentry_categoryid_in...
                                           ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "weblogentry_pubtime_index" at character
36
LINE 1: alter table weblogentry drop index weblogentry_pubtime_index...
                                           ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "weblogentry_pinnedtomain_index" at
character 36LINE 1: alter table weblogentry drop index
weblogentry_pinnedtomain_...
                                           ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "weblogentry_publishentry_index" at
character 36LINE 1: alter table weblogentry drop index
weblogentry_publishentry_...
                                           ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "newsfeed_websiteid_index" at character
33
LINE 1: alter table newsfeed drop index newsfeed_websiteid_index;
                                        ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "comment_entryid_index" at character 32
LINE 1: alter table comment drop index comment_entryid_index;
                                       ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "pingtarget_websiteid_index" at
character 35
LINE 1: alter table pingtarget drop index pingtarget_websiteid_index...
                                          ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "autoping_websiteid_index" at character
33
LINE 1: alter table autoping drop index autoping_websiteid_index;
                                        ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "autoping_pingtargetid_index" at
character 33
LINE 1: alter table autoping drop index autoping_pingtargetid_index;
                                        ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "pingcategory_autopingid_index" at
character 37
LINE 1: alter table pingcategory drop index pingcategory_autopingid_...
                                            ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "pingcategory_categoryid_index" at
character 37
LINE 1: alter table pingcategory drop index pingcategory_categoryid_...
                                            ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "pingqueueentry_entrytime_index" at
character 39LINE 1: alter table pingqueueentry drop index
pingqueueentry_entryti...
                                              ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "pingqueueentry_pingtargetid_index" at
character 39
LINE 1: alter table pingqueueentry drop index pingqueueentry_pingtar...
                                              ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "pingqueueentry_websiteid_index" at
character 39LINE 1: alter table pingqueueentry drop index
pingqueueentry_website...
                                              ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "referer_websiteid_index" at character
32
LINE 1: alter table referer drop index referer_websiteid_index;
                                       ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "referer_entryid_index" at character 32
LINE 1: alter table referer drop index referer_entryid_index;
                                       ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "referer_refurl_index" at character 32
LINE 1: alter table referer drop index referer_refurl_index;
                                       ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "referer_requrl_index" at character 32
LINE 1: alter table referer drop index referer_requrl_index;
                                       ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "referer_datestr_index" at character 32
LINE 1: alter table referer drop index referer_datestr_index;
                                       ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "referer_refpermalink_index" at
character 32
LINE 1: alter table referer drop index referer_refpermalink_index;
                                       ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "referer_duplicate_index" at character
32
LINE 1: alter table referer drop index referer_duplicate_index;
                                       ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "entryattribute_entryid_index" at
character 39
LINE 1: alter table entryattribute drop index entryattribute_entryid...
                                              ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "rag_group_subscription_gid" at
character 47
LINE 1: alter table rag_group_subscription drop index rag_group_subs...
                                                      ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "rag_group_subscription_sid" at
character 47
LINE 1: alter table rag_group_subscription drop index rag_group_subs...
                                                      ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "rag_group_handle" at character 34
LINE 1: alter table rag_group drop index rag_group_handle;
                                         ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "rag_subscription_feed_url" at character
41
LINE 1: alter table rag_subscription drop index rag_subscription_fee...
                                                ^
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "rag_entry_sid" at character 34
LINE 1: alter table rag_entry drop index rag_entry_sid;
                                         ^
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ERROR:  constraint "att_entryid_fk" for relation "entryattribute"
already existsALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE

Re: Help with QA? (was Re: testing db scripts)

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
On 10/27/05, Dave Johnson <da...@rollerweblogger.org> wrote:
> Allen asked: "how exactly are we planning to deal with various
> databases as we move forward?"
>
> I think we need to designate a person for each database. I'll take
> PostgreSQL, since I use it on one of my main dev boxes.

Planning to do PostgreSQL too. Both fresh installs, and when that
works for 2.0 I'll test 1.3 to 2.0 upgrades.

Hen

Re: Help with QA? (was Re: testing db scripts)

Posted by Elias Torres <el...@torrez.us>.
On 10/27/05, Dave Johnson <da...@rollerweblogger.org> wrote:
> Allen asked: "how exactly are we planning to deal with various
> databases as we move forward?"
>
> I think we need to designate a person for each database. I'll take
> PostgreSQL, since I use it on one of my main dev boxes. Testing for
> HSQLDB is partially built-in, because the unit tests run against it
> (and everybody runs those unit test before doing a commit, right?). I
> say partially, because we're testing HSQLDB database create but not
> upgrade.

I'll take DB2 and Derby. I might need a little walkthrough the test
suite at some point.

Posted by Allen Gilliland <Al...@Sun.COM>.
I am in definite agreement.  I would love to have a formal QA person around to help with defining and regularly executing sets of test plans, but we should be able to do a reasonable job of this ourselves if we spend a little time and effort to organize it.

I also agree about the databases that someone needs to step up and be responsible for the databases they intend to use with Roller.  If someone wants to use postgresql then they need to be the ones working with the dev team to ensure that there are proper postgresql db scripts for each release.  We are far too small of a group to be required to test against a full set of databases and various versions.

-- Allen

Posted by Dave Johnson <da...@rollerweblogger.org>.