Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by tao xiao <xi...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/09 11:50:41 UTC

Mirror maker committed offset is ahead of log end offset

Hi team,

I was seeing an issue where a mirror maker attempted to commit an offset
for a partition that was ahead of log end offset and in the mean time the
leader of the partition was being restarted. In theory only committed
messages can be consumed by consumer which means the messages received by
mirror maker should be available in all ISR nodes. I want to know why
mirror maker gets a message with offset that is larger than the log end
offset?

The kafka version is 0.10.0.0 and the replica of the partition is 3

I can see below INFO from the leader for the partition that caused the
mirror maker problem

[2016-08-09 03:25:43,508] INFO [KafkaApi-1] Closing connection due to error
during produce request with correlation id -1428403918 from client id xxxxx
with ack=0

Topic and partition to exceptions: topic-0 ->
org.apache.kafka.common.errors.NotLeaderForPartitionException
(kafka.server.KafkaApis)