Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by quaetel01 <qu...@yahoo.com> on 2010/07/21 20:06:26 UTC

Missing _subsite-root folder

Just installed Jetspeed-2.2.1 (latest) using the latest version of the binary
installer. Everything runs, but there is no such "_subsite-root" folder in
the site as described in the documentation. "_subsite-root" folder is
described as a default control folder, necessary for the Profiler to
work--as descrbed in the current Apache documentation at .  Also, the
screenshots in that documentation have zero resemblance to the actual
appearance of the corresponding portlets in Jetspeed-2.2.1. The screenshots
don't match.  And the documentation on creating profiling rules does not
state which portlet to use to create profiling rules on the live site (i.e.
via WYSIWYG).

Which portlet is used to create new profiling rules live in the portal (its
name)?

Why did the installer not create the default _subsite-root folder?

Will subsites even work without the _subsite-root folder?

Can I just create manually the _subsite-root folder?

Re: Missing _subsite-root folder

Posted by David Sean Taylor <d....@onehippo.com>.
On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 11:06 AM, quaetel01 <qu...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Just installed Jetspeed-2.2.1 (latest) using the latest version of the binary
> installer. Everything runs, but there is no such "_subsite-root" folder in
> the site as described in the documentation. "_subsite-root" folder is
> described as a default control folder, necessary for the Profiler to
> work--as descrbed in the current Apache documentation at .  Also, the
> screenshots in that documentation have zero resemblance to the actual
> appearance of the corresponding portlets in Jetspeed-2.2.1. The screenshots
> don't match.  And the documentation on creating profiling rules does not
> state which portlet to use to create profiling rules on the live site (i.e.
> via WYSIWYG).

While installing, you are presented with two choices for the portal pipeline:

* Jetui
* Classic

Choose the classic pipeline, since the Jetui pipeline configuration
does not come packaged with subsites

> Which portlet is used to create new profiling rules live in the portal (its
> name)?

You can seed the database with with profiling rules, see XML Seed Configuration:

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/adminguide/subsites.html

Or the Profiling Rule editor:

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/adminguide/profiler.html

> Why did the installer not create the default _subsite-root folder?

see above

> Will subsites even work without the _subsite-root folder?

no, subsites need a root

> Can I just create manually the _subsite-root folder?

best to reinstall with classic