Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Mehrmann Lars <La...@mchp.siemens.de> on 2001/01/22 10:37:55 UTC

XSL selection by GET request

Hello,

how do I get the same XML document either as a HTML page
or PDF file using a parameter in the GET request?

Since I use a web browser (e.g. IE 5.5) for both GET
requests, I cannot distinguish the request using the agent
identifier in the HTTP request. Instead I use a GET parameter
such as "http://xml-file.xml?format=pdf".

My question now is: How can I use this parameter to determine
whether I want transformation into HTML or PDF? (So far I was
able to react to this parameters within the XML file but not
in the directive section at the beginning.)

Thank you,
Lars Mehrmann