Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Juergen Hermann <jh...@web.de> on 2001/09/01 06:07:15 UTC

OASIS draft v1.0 XML Conformance Tests

Hi!

Does anyone have values (number of violations) for the above tests?

Ciao, Jürgen

Re: OASIS draft v1.0 XML Conformance Tests

Posted by Juergen Hermann <jh...@web.de>.
On 01 Sep 2001 18:18:31 -0600, Jason E. Stewart wrote:

>Do your results match up with mine? Or are you still getting 200+
>failures?

If you take out the "Non-validating parser reported error for invalid
document" cases, I still have 134 violations (some of them surely wrong
test cases, not real failures); see
"http://pirxx.sourceforge.net/xmlconf.pirxx".

>Also, what are you getting for the japanese/ UniCode tests?

No failures.

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.
"Juergen Hermann" <jh...@web.de> writes:

> Does anyone have values (number of violations) for the above tests?

So Juergen,

Do your results match up with mine? Or are you still getting 200+
failures?

Also, what are you getting for the japanese/ UniCode tests?

Jas.

Re: OASIS draft v1.0 XML Conformance Tests

Posted by Juergen Hermann <jh...@web.de>.
On 31 Aug 2001 22:34:29 -0600, Jason E. Stewart wrote:

>"Juergen Hermann" <jh...@web.de> writes:
>So far DOMCount -v=auto:
>
>Two tests in oasis/ fail that should have passed:
>And two tests in oasis/ pass that should have failed:

Well, I have 272 failures with strict checking, and that seems a little high
to me. ;)

But it's via my Python wrapper, and I want to know whether it's my calling of
Xerces or Xerces itself. Without strict checking (i.e. ignoring the
difference between fatal errors and errors, and validation errors by the non-
validating parser), I still get 189 failures.

Details are here:
	http://pirxx.sourceforge.net/xmlconf.pirxx
	http://pirxx.sourceforge.net/xmlconf.strict

Re: OASIS draft v1.0 XML Conformance Tests

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.
"Juergen Hermann" <jh...@web.de> writes:

> Hi!
>
> Does anyone have values (number of violations) for the above tests?

So far DOMCount -v=auto:

Two tests in oasis/ fail that should have passed:

  Error at file /tmp/xmlconf/oasis/p74pass1.xml, line 5, char 3
    Message: Element 'doc' was used in the DOCTYPE but never declared

  Error at file /tmp/xmlconf/oasis/p74pass1.xml, line 6, char 5
    Message: Unknown element 'doc'

  Errors occured, no output available

  Error at file /tmp/xmlconf/oasis/p75pass1.xml, line 9, char 3
    Message: Element 'doc' was used in the DOCTYPE but never declared

  Error at file /tmp/xmlconf/oasis/p75pass1.xml, line 10, char 5
    Message: Unknown element 'doc'

And two tests in oasis/ pass that should have failed:

  p03fail1.xml: 2 ms (0 elems).
   Use of illegal character within XML document.

  p16fail3.xml: 3 ms (1 elems).
   File is well-formed, but not valid. An XML document is valid if it
   has an associated document type declaration and if the document
   complies with the constraints expressed in it.

jas.