Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by John Astill <ja...@nextone.com> on 2000/07/25 23:04:24 UTC

Serialization in Xerces-c

The Xerces-j project has an XMLSerializer. Is there an equivalent for Xerces-c?

NexTone Communications. Powering the Virtual Central Office.
9700 Great Seneca Highway
Rockville, MD USA 20850

240-453-6322 (p)
240-453-6208 (f)
www.nextone.com

Re: Serialization in Xerces-c

Posted by Richard Lanyon <rg...@decisionsoft.com>.
On Thu, 3 Aug 2000, Andy Heninger wrote:

> But I'd really like to know what you need, or would like to see, available
> from Xerces-C serialization.

Presumably the major problems with serialisation stem from namespaced
documents, especially namespaced documents which have been created
from scratch within an application? The DOM doesn't always distinguish
between the use of default and explicit namespaces, for example, so
your serialising application will have to decide where and how to
declare namespaces.

--
Richard Lanyon (Software Engineer) |     "The medium is the message"
XML Script development,            |             - Marshall McLuhan

Re: Serialization in Xerces-c

Posted by Andy Heninger <an...@jtcsv.com>.
But I'd really like to know what you need, or would like to see, available
from Xerces-C serialization.

And, what is probably roughly the same question, if you were implementing
something now, what would it be?

Anyone else with thoughts about serialization, now's a good time to post
'em.

Andy Heninger
IBM XML Technology Group, Cupertino, CA
heninger@us.ibm.com