Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Pavan Sudheendra <pa...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/02 10:01:13 UTC

Can the /tmp directory be cleaned?

Hi all,
We have many Hadoop, Hbase, Pig jobs running and strangely the /tmp
directory is also building in size. Out default filesystem is limited in
memory so can we go ahead and delete the contents?

Thanks.

--
Regards-
Pavan

Re: Can the /tmp directory be cleaned?

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
/tmp on hadoop or /tmp on local machine?
if its local machine then look at command "tmpwatch"

Normally anything inside /tmp should be cleanable after the processes are
over

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: Can the /tmp directory be cleaned?