Posted to marketing@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> on 2011/12/02 14:53:37 UTC

Re: Aoo logo draft

cc'ing the marketing list.

-Rob

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 12:59 AM, drew <dr...@baseanswers.com> wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> Well, given the vote on a name and after reading through the thread on
> branding it sounded like a good moment to put a (interim maybe) logo
> proposal together.
>
> Put a couple of hours to same this evening and uploaded where I stopped,
> to the wiki:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOOLogo+proposal
>
> Comments, suggestions, thoughts - all welcomed.

Hi Drew, Thanks for putting these together.  I like them.

A quick comment:  Our website branding has been "Apache OpenOffice
(incubating)" rather than 'Incubator" as you have it.

Or maybe it makes sense to not mention that at all in the logo, but
have the website text and disclaimer (and the product text in the
about box) take care of that disclaimer.  Then we can reuse the logo
unchanged after we graduate.

Re: Aoo logo draft

Posted by Wolf Halton <wo...@gmail.com>.
That looks cool.  Would we be allowed to use the little feather (as on the
http://apache.org main page) under the word Apache? Gull ==> Feather seems
like a natural tie-in.

Re: Aoo logo draft

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Re: Aoo logo draft

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
On Dec 2, 2011, at 3:51 PM, drew wrote:

> On Fri, 2011-12-02 at 08:53 -0500, Rob Weir wrote:
>> cc'ing the marketing list.
>>
>> -Rob
>
> Thank you
>

>> On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 12:59 AM, drew <dr...@baseanswers.com> wrote:
>>> Howdy,
>>>
>>> Well, given the vote on a name and after reading through the thread on
>>> branding it sounded like a good moment to put a (interim maybe) logo
>>> proposal together.
>
> Alright - given this started on the dev list I will reply to both
> -- for replies to this email how about we stick to the mktg list then
>
> After reading over the good comments in the emails - and brooding, for
> only a few minutes :) went one more the cycle of tweaking and feel
> pretty good about stopping for the day.
>

>>> Put a couple of hours to same this evening and uploaded where I stopped,
>>> to the wiki:
>
> Updated the files on the wiki..
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOOLogo+proposal
>>>

> Weill look forward to comments on this for use tomorrow.

I really like gradient 2!

Like Terry suggested - maybe we should have a variation with the feather below the Apache instead of the incubator.

Thanks!

Regards,
Dave

Re: Aoo logo draft

Posted by Terry <te...@yahoo.com.au>.
I like the logo without any reference to incubating or incubator.  The incubator status can be mentioned separately.

It occurs to me that the Apache feather could be used as background.

Regards, Terry

Re: Aoo logo draft

Posted by drew <dr...@baseanswers.com>.
On Fri, 2011-12-02 at 08:53 -0500, Rob Weir wrote:
> cc'ing the marketing list.
>
> -Rob

Thank you

Re: Aoo logo draft

Posted by drew <dr...@baseanswers.com>.
On Fri, 2011-12-02 at 08:53 -0500, Rob Weir wrote:
> cc'ing the marketing list.
>
> -Rob

Thank you