Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by gr...@centrelink.gov.au on 2007/12/18 02:19:18 UTC

[Axis2] Question about cleanup methods on Stub and ServiceClient [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Hi,

Our team is using Axis2 1.3 at the moment, and in our code we create Axis2
stubs and pass in our own custom configuration context.  In our design,
multiple Stub instances can share the same Configuration context.  We plan
to call the Stub's cleanup() method.  However we noticed that there is
also a cleanup() method on the Axis2 ServiceClient, and from inspecting
the code this method seems to have different behaviour to the Stub
cleanup() method.

Is it necessary to call ServiceClient.cleanup() as well, or can we just
call the Stub.cleanup() only?  Is there any difference in behaviour
between the two cleanup() methods?  Also, what is the behaviour of
ServiceClient.cleanupTransport()?

Thanks,
Greg

Foundation Portal Services
Applications Infrastructure and Middleware

IMPORTANT:  This e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is confidential, commercially valuable or subject to legal or parliamentary privilege.  If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that any review, re-transmission, disclosure, use or dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited by several Commonwealth Acts of Parliament.  If you have received this communication in error please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this transmission together with any attachments.