Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com> on 2011/10/02 21:07:14 UTC

Classloader question

I'm trying to find a class loading problem with a new auditing feature in
OpenJPA. In the process I'm trying to find out what class loader is actually
trying to load a class (since it's obviously the wrong class loader). It
seems like the class loader is:

  sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@11b86e7

I'm running Felix under Pax-Exam. Correct me if I'm wrong but the bundle
classloaders are normally named after the id of the bundle, like "41.0"
right?

So what class loader can "sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@11b86e7" be?

/Bengt

Re: Classloader question

Posted by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>.
Thanks Karl,

It seems like OpenJPA is trying to use the TCCL when loading custom classes
so your information seems "dot on". Apparently no one is setting the TCCL
which is why it uses the application classloader.

/Bengt

Re: Classloader question

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.