Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Mike Williams <mi...@mikesbox.com> on 2001/06/07 00:41:04 UTC

Re: ConfigManager can not read DeployedServices.ds

Shinta,

The problem is with serialization.  A class that is serialized can only
be deserialized with the same version of the JVM.  The
DeployedServices.ds file is a serialized hash map or maps of
DeploymentDescriptors.  This is what's causing your problem.

You should be able to simply redeploy your services using your current
JVM and all should be well again.

Mike

Shinta Tjio wrote:

> We have an installation where the first few
> SOAP services were deployed using JDK 1.2.2_05a
> for Solaris 2.8. Later on, the JVM on that machine
> is upgraded to JDK 1.2.2_06. I'm finding that the
> ConfigManager could not read the DeployedServices.ds.
> This is the exception thrown:
>
> java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
> http://brian:48080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter list
>
> SOAP Service Manager: Unable to read 'DeployedServices.ds': assuming
> fresh start
> java.io.InvalidClassException:
> org.apache.soap.server.DeploymentDescriptor;
> Local class not compatible: stream classdesc
> serialVersionUID=2926881600043336890
> local class serialVersionUID=-1581712267782747801
>
> Did anyone see this kind of error? Other than
> reverting back to JDK 1.2.2_05a, anyone has any
> suggestion on how to handle this?
>
> thanks,
> shinta

Mike Williams