Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Kenneth Porter <sh...@sewingwitch.com> on 2008/03/07 23:20:51 UTC

Re: svn:externals in svn 1.5

On Wednesday, February 27, 2008 11:51 AM +0000 Fraser Kirkpatrick
<fr...@sigmaseven.co.uk> wrote:

> However one thing which would be nice from our point of view, is to be
> able to commit from the top level working copy, and include modifications
> to externals within this commit. At the moment this doesn't seem to be
> supported as the externals area is treated as a separate working copy.
> Does anyone know whether this will be possible with Subversion 1.5?

Use explicit revisions (or tags) in your externals. Then commit the changes
to your externals. Because you use a revision in the property, no one else
gets affected by the commit. Then you change the property in the client of
the external to reflect the new revision, and commit that.