Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by Nicolas Hernandez <ni...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/28 11:49:01 UTC

UIMA chunker: Unexpected exception encountered with Apache OpenNLP 1.5.3. bin

Hi All

I'm using the binary of the last release of Apache OpenNLP (1.5.3.)

I trained (sentence, token, pos and chunk) models from the command
line. Both are working when using with the command line.

I have tested to use the models wrapped in UIMA components. It works
fine with the sentence, token and pos-tagger models but gives me the
following exception with the chunker model.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
opennlp.tools.util.InvalidFormatException: Model version
1.5.3-SNAPSHOT is a snapshot - snapshot models are not supported by
this non-snapshot version (1.5.3) of OpenNLP!

I ve checked my path, I am not using by mistake an old version.

Has someone already tested the uima wrappers and descriptors ?
Is there an easy way to check the model version of a model file ?
How (where in the code) can I change that ?

Thanks for your answers

Best

/Nicolas

Re: UIMA chunker: Unexpected exception encountered with Apache OpenNLP 1.5.3. bin

Posted by Nicolas Hernandez <ni...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, it helps me to track the source of the problem: a bin
directory partially cleaned by Eclipse...

Thanks for your time !

(at least we ve learnt how to check the model versions =)

Re: UIMA chunker: Unexpected exception encountered with Apache OpenNLP 1.5.3. bin

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
The check prevents you from loading a model which was trained with a
snapshot
version of OpenNLP when you are running the release version.

Anyway, check which version is included in the model I suspect that is
1.5.3-SNAPSHOT.
The model is a zip file. Extract it and have a look at the
manifest.properties file, it contains
the version.

The error you are seeing should be independent of the UIMA wrappers, the
check is
done during model instantiation.

HTH,
Jörn