Posted to graffito-dev@incubator.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net> on 2006/01/11 20:13:13 UTC

dependencies on the portal

After adding graffito-api-1.0-a1-dev.jar to WEB-INF/lib (see
"graffito-portlets.war packaging bug?" email) I am getting this exception.

How dependant is graffito on using jetspeed as the portal?  What would I
have to do to implement a Service for the Liferay Portal?  Thanks!

 java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/jetspeed/services/JetspeedPortletServices
	at
org.apache.portals.graffito.portlets.util.ServiceAccessor.getService(ServiceAccessor.java:80)
	at
org.apache.portals.graffito.portlets.util.ServiceAccessor.getDocumentService(ServiceAccessor.java:50)
	at
org.apache.portals.graffito.portlets.DocumentPortlet.init(DocumentPortlet.java:267)
	at com.liferay.portlet.CachePortlet.init(CachePortlet.java:131)
	at com.liferay.portal.model.Portlet.init(Portlet.java:1062)

--
Dave Brondsema
Software Developer

Re: dependencies on the portal

Posted by Christophe Lombart <ch...@gmail.com>.
On 1/11/06, Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net> wrote:
> After adding graffito-api-1.0-a1-dev.jar to WEB-INF/lib (see
> "graffito-portlets.war packaging bug?" email) I am getting this exception.
>
> How dependant is graffito on using jetspeed as the portal?  What would I
> have to do to implement a Service for the Liferay Portal?  Thanks!

Currently, all graffito components are deployed as Jetspeed 2
services. That means different portlets can access them. I don't know
if it is possible to do the same think with liferay. I think liferay
is based on Spring but we have certainly some differences in point of
view portal service management.

Can you tell me more on the liferay design ? Is is possible to build
your own services ?

Thanks
Christophe