Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@apache.org> on 2018/09/26 06:43:41 UTC

Re: Could not run dfsadmin command with -getStoragePolicy or -setStoragePolicy.

Please refer following doc for storage policy commands.now it’s “hdfs
storagepolicies”

https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.7.3/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-hdfs/ArchivalStorage.html

Regards
Brahmareddy

On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 12:05 PM, Kousuke Miyamoto <
k-miyamoto@ze.nes.jp.nec.com> wrote:

> Hi users,
> I use HDFS version 2.7.3 with that command manual but I could not run
> dfsadmin command with -getStoragePolicy or -setStoragePolicy.
>
> $ hdfs dfsadmin -getStoragePolicy /user/guest/
> getStoragePolicy: Unknown command
>
> $ hdfs dfsadmin -setStoragePolicy /user/guest/ COLD
> setStoragePolicy: Unknown command
>
> Do these options exist in dfsadmin command?
> If not, is this a manual bug?
>
> Reference:<
> https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.7.3/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-hdfs/HDFSCommands.html#dfsadmin
> >

> Best Regards
>
> Kousuke Miyamoto

--Brahma Reddy Battula

RE: Could not run dfsadmin command with -getStoragePolicy or -setStoragePolicy.

Posted by Kousuke Miyamoto <k-...@ze.nes.jp.nec.com>.
HI Brahmareddy,
Thank you for your quick response.

I understood that there are no these options in dfsadmin command and I can use storagepolicies command instead.

Please refer following doc for storage policy commands.now it’s “hdfs storagepolicies”

https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.7.3/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-hdfs/ArchivalStorage.html

Regards
Brahmareddy

On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 12:05 PM, Kousuke Miyamoto <k-...@ze.nes.jp.nec.com>> wrote:
Hi users,
I use HDFS version 2.7.3 with that command manual but I could not run dfsadmin command with -getStoragePolicy or -setStoragePolicy.