Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Will Jones <wi...@gmail.com> on 2022/08/19 16:11:31 UTC

[C++][R][Python] Dev env setup instructions for VS Code

Hi Arrow devs,

I wrote some more detailed and opinionated instructions for setting up a
development environment for working on Arrow C++, Python, and R libraries
in VS Code and Conda. I've found it is helpful in onboarding new devs and
getting them productive quickly. Some of it is specific to VS Code; but
much of it is also generally applicable (like using CMakeUserPresets.json
instead of manually passing CMake args). I hope it may be useful for others
in the community as well!

https://www.datawill.io/posts/apache-arrow-development-cpp-conda-macos/

Best,

Will Jones