Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com> on 2013/04/08 16:21:55 UTC

[ACS41] Outstanding work for the release

Specific questions below for: Sateesh, Murali, Wido, Hugo, Joe.

Here's the list.  Please jump on issues that are unassigned, and if you
are assigned *please* try to wrap up as quickly as possible.

DEB Packaging: Wido noted that he had a few more corrections to
make.  We are waiting from word back that he's complete.

RPM Packaging: I believe that Hugo said we are done there, but I'd love
a confirmation!

Docs: Joe's working on release notes.  Joe, do you have an update on when
you think we will be in a position to call it "done"?

Bugs:

CLOUDSTACK-1877 Failed to connect to DB while starting Ubuntu management server after upgrading the packages from 4.0 to 4.1    Wido den Hollander
Wido, are we set with this one yet?

CLOUDSTACK-1834 Events are not generated for registerUserKeys(), Enabling account and Editing account.  Murali Reddy
Murali - In your opinion, is this blocking the release?  If not, let's change the priority to major.  If so, any ETA on a fix?

CLOUDSTACK-1868 GetVmStatsCommand throws NullPointerException with VMWare   Sateesh Chodapuneedi
Sateesh, Any ETA on a fix?

CLOUDSTACK-1929 ASF 4.1 cloudstack agent fail to install in KVM host CENTOS 6.3 OS: qemu-kvm-0.12.1.2-3.295.el6.10.x86_64 requires libusbredirparser.so.0   Fang Wang
Fang, Any ETA on a fix?

Wido, the following bugs may be tied to Ubuntu.  Mind taking a look?
CLOUDSTACK-1934 NPE with listSupportedNetworkServices after upgrade from 4.0 to 4.1 (Ubuntu MS) Unassigned
CLOUDSTACK-1935 Cloud utilities are not renamed to Cloudstack after upgrade from 4.0 to 4.1 [Ubutnu MS] Unassigned

This bug is unassigned.  Can someone please take a look?
CLOUDSTACK-1941 Cannot delete users in the default admin account within the UI  Unassigned

-chip

Re: [ACS41] Outstanding work for the release

Posted by prasanna <ts...@apache.org>.
On 9 April 2013 14:33, Hugo Trippaers <HT...@schubergphilis.com> wrote:

>> RPM Packaging: I believe that Hugo said we are done there, but I'd love a
>> confirmation!
>
> Yup, I'm considering the RPM packages done. I'm testing installation of all the rpms every four hours using Jenkins. I'm doing limited functional checks on management server (startup and zone configuration with xcp hypervisors), agent (just start-up) and usage (successful start) so I'm confident that they are properly installed. I'm not doing any checks on aws-api (if anybody can give me some pointers I'm happy to put some tests in).
>
> As for functionality beyond this, I believe that QA is using these packages for their tests as well?

Yup - RPM gets tested every 4 hours using Xen and KVM as hypervisors
to setup a zone.
http://jenkins.cloudstack.org/view/cloudstack-qa/job/test-packaging/

RE: [ACS41] Outstanding work for the release

Posted by Hugo Trippaers <HT...@schubergphilis.com>.

> RPM Packaging: I believe that Hugo said we are done there, but I'd love a
> confirmation!

Yup, I'm considering the RPM packages done. I'm testing installation of all the rpms every four hours using Jenkins. I'm doing limited functional checks on management server (startup and zone configuration with xcp hypervisors), agent (just start-up) and usage (successful start) so I'm confident that they are properly installed. I'm not doing any checks on aws-api (if anybody can give me some pointers I'm happy to put some tests in).

As for functionality beyond this, I believe that QA is using these packages for their tests as well?

Hugo

Re: [ACS41] Outstanding work for the release

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Mon, Apr 08, 2013 at 11:06:21AM -0500, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 8, 2013, at 09:21 AM, Chip Childers wrote:
> > Docs: Joe's working on release notes.  Joe, do you have an update on when
> > you think we will be in a position to call it "done"?
>
> I'll try to get this done by EOD tomorrow. Note that I'm going on
> guesswork for some of this (RPM/Deb upgrades) from what documentation I
> can find, and the API stuff is going to be ... painful now that we've
> zapped whatever tool generated the diff.txt of API differences.

Thanks a ton Joe!

Re: [ACS41] Outstanding work for the release

Posted by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net>.
On Mon, Apr 8, 2013, at 09:21 AM, Chip Childers wrote:
> Specific questions below for: Sateesh, Murali, Wido, Hugo, Joe.
>
> Here's the list.  Please jump on issues that are unassigned, and if you
> are assigned *please* try to wrap up as quickly as possible.
>
> DEB Packaging: Wido noted that he had a few more corrections to
> make.  We are waiting from word back that he's complete.
>
> RPM Packaging: I believe that Hugo said we are done there, but I'd love
> a confirmation!
>
> Docs: Joe's working on release notes.  Joe, do you have an update on when
> you think we will be in a position to call it "done"?

I'll try to get this done by EOD tomorrow. Note that I'm going on
guesswork for some of this (RPM/Deb upgrades) from what documentation I
can find, and the API stuff is going to be ... painful now that we've
zapped whatever tool generated the diff.txt of API differences.

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier
jzb@zonker.net

Re: [ACS41] Outstanding work for the release

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Mon, Apr 08, 2013 at 01:42:57PM -0400, David Nalley wrote:

> > CLOUDSTACK-1929 ASF 4.1 cloudstack agent fail to install in KVM host CENTOS 6.3 OS: qemu-kvm-0.12.1.2-3.295.el6.10.x86_64 requires libusbredirparser.so.0   Fang Wang
> > Fang, Any ETA on a fix?
> >

> This looks invalid to me and caused by polluting the yum repo that is
> being used for CloudStack with outdated duplicates of system packages.
>
> --David

Thanks for looking at that.

Re: [ACS41] Outstanding work for the release

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Posted by Murali Reddy <Mu...@citrix.com>.
On 08/04/13 7:51 PM, "Chip Childers" <ch...@sungard.com> wrote:

>CLOUDSTACK-1834 Events are not generated for registerUserKeys(), Enabling
>account and Editing account.  Murali Reddy
>Murali - In your opinion, is this blocking the release?  If not, let's
>change the priority to major.  If so, any ETA on a fix?

Submitted a patch request for 4.1