Posted to ddlutils-user@db.apache.org by Vignesh Swaminathan <vs...@cordys.com> on 2006/02/21 10:19:53 UTC

How to get table info from DynaBeans in Iterator returned in query() or fetch()?

Hi

I want to use the Platform.query() method and then get table info
(SqlDynaClass) from the dynabean contained in the returned Iterator. Is
this possible? If yes, how do it do it?

Currently I get a ClassCastException if I try to cast SqlDynaBean for
DynaBean returned and also an exception is thrown when I try
Database.getDynaClassFor(DynaBean)

Please help.

Regards
Vignesh

<vignesh/>
"Winning solutions find the right balance between market needs and
technical needs"

The information in this message is confidential and may be legally  privileged.
It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is
unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or
distribution of the message, or any action or omission taken by you in reliance
on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please immediately contact the sender if
you have received this message in error. This email does not constitute any
commitment  from Cordys Holding BV or any of its subsidiaries except when
expressly agreed in a written agreement between the intended recipient and
Cordys Holding BV or its subsidiaries.

Re: How to get table info from DynaBeans in Iterator returned in query() or fetch()?

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com>.
On 2/21/06, Vignesh Swaminathan <vs...@cordys.com> wrote:

> I want to use the Platform.query() method and then get table info
> (SqlDynaClass) from the dynabean contained in the returned Iterator. Is
> this possible? If yes, how do it do it?
>
> Currently I get a ClassCastException if I try to cast SqlDynaBean for
> DynaBean returned and also an exception is thrown when I try
> Database.getDynaClassFor(DynaBean)

Depending on the database you're working against, DdlUtils may not be
able to determine the table from the result set alone. E.g. PostgreSQL
does not provide enough info for this. This is why there are variants
of the fetch/query methods where you gan give table hints to DdlUtils.
Only if DdlUtils can resolve the table(s) and column(s) in the result,
set, a SqlDynaClass/SqlDynaBean is used, otherwise it is a plain
DynaBean.

Tom