Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Nick Chalko <ni...@chalko.com> on 2003/01/23 19:52:24 UTC

re: sync with docbood was Re: Out-of-line links (Re: tag in docv11)

Jeff T

>>>Maybe something like a <keyword>forrestbot</keyword> can be also useful for
>>>indexing and searching?
>>>

>Docbook uses such things to build indexes.  If we could declare
>taxonomies of words (eg 'pelican' is a typeof 'bird'), I'd imagine search
>results could be more accurate.

I would apprecitate it if on all  new tags,  forrest checks what docbook
has and tries to match.

--
Nick Chalko                                         Show me the code.
                          Centipede

Re: sync with docbood was Re: Out-of-line links (Re: tag in docv11)

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 10:52:24AM -0800, Nick Chalko wrote:
> Jeff T

> >Docbook uses such things to build indexes.  If we could declare
> >taxonomies of words (eg 'pelican' is a typeof 'bird'), I'd imagine search
> >results could be more accurate.
> >

> I would apprecitate it if on all  new tags,  forrest checks what docbook
> has and tries to match.

But that ruins the fun of guessing "Forrest equivalent for Docbook
feature X" ;(

:) Anyway, doc-v11 is intensely annoying for anything beyond simple
website docs.  It would be better to simply support multiple formats,
rather than attempt to evolve docv11 into Docbook.

--Jeff