Posted to users@camel.apache.org by sb...@gmx.de on 2013/09/25 10:48:18 UTC

Problem with default spool directory in DefaultStreamCachingStrategy

Hi,

In the current implementation of DefaultStreamCachingStrategy (Camel 2.12) the default spooldir is set to '"${java.io.tmpdir}camel-tmp-#uuid#"'
Which results in path like '/tmpcamel-tmp-XXXX', unfortunately the technical user starting our application is not allowed to create directories on root level
which causes IoExceptions later on.
To bypass this problem we currently configure a custom spool directory, but I suggest that the default path should be changed to something like
'"${java.io.tmpdir}/camel-tmp-#uuid#"'
Now the spool directory will created inside the temp-director, not parallel to it.

Regards,
Sebastian

Re: Problem with default spool directory in DefaultStreamCachingStrategy

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Good idea. I logged a ticket

--