Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Michael Avila <Mi...@sbcglobal.net> on 2005/11/28 00:24:03 UTC

[users@httpd] DDos Attack causing Connection Refused?

Windows XP Pro
DSL Modem
D-Link 524 Router
Apache 2.0.55

[Sun Nov 27 17:52:43 2005] [warn] (OS 64) The specified network name is no
longer available.  : winnt_accept: Asynchronous AcceptEx failed.

I am seeing this in my Apache log errors.log file. The time seems to be the
same as a DDos attack on my part time webserver with phpBB installed with
the security patches and program. Does that sound right? I've never seen
this message before.

What can I do to prevent and/or stop these attacks from getting through? It
makes Apache refuse connections and therefore I have to restart the
computer. (Restarting Apache does NOT work.) I am open to suggestions,
ideas, comments!

Thanks.

Mike