Posted to user@beehive.apache.org by Ra...@seagate.com on 2006/11/17 20:06:26 UTC

How to package tag libraries with deployable WAR

I realize that this question is not directly related to using Beehive - but
since it has to do with using tag libraries, i was hoping to get some help
from the Beehive forum. Posting this in BEA's JSP forum(
http://forums.bea.com/bea/thread.jspa?threadID=600018660&tstart=0) has not
resulted in any responses so far.

My application uses JSPs which have taglibs. The taglibs use absolute URIs(
http://java.sun.com/jstl/core). I noticed that if the JAR which would
resolve this taglib, which is standard.jar, were to be placed in the
<domain>/lib folder of the WLS domain, the application would not be able to
resolve it. WLS includes all JARs in its <domain>/lib folder in its
classpath.
 If i packaged the standard.jar in the WEB-INF/lib folder of the WAR file,
the application worked fine. I have some other taglibs which refer to
http://java.sun.com/jsf/html and jsf/core - these seem to be resolved fine
by placing the jsf-impl.jar in the <domain>/lib folder.
Would one typically package these JARs in the webapp WAR file?

Thanks

Ramdas