Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by xzuma <za...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/21 19:25:02 UTC

File download link in MyFaces/Facelets

Hello Community!

I have the file upload working in MyFaces/Facelets. On upload, it is
stored in the persistence layer as a blob. The blob's wrapper bean
provides the unique numeric id for a given file.

Now, I need to show the link, so that users could download the given
file. The link will specify the unique id, and the servlet will fetch
the blob from the persistence and write it into a response.

Please suggest the architecture for this use case.

Thanks.

Re: File download link in MyFaces/Facelets

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
If you found the information helpful, perhaps you could create a wiki
entry for it.   It's a common question.

Posted by xzuma <za...@gmail.com>.
But of course, Mike!

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.