Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Vincent Siveton <vs...@apache.org> on 2010/01/14 12:41:28 UTC

[VOTE] Graduate Apache Shindig as an Apache Top Level Project

Hi,

Thanks for the positive feedback on the proposal to graduate Shindig
as a TLP [1].

I would like to start an official vote to recommend the graduation of
Apache Shindig as a Top Level Project to the Board.
To that end I have prepared the resolution for the Board below to be
presented for consideration at the upcoming Board meeting.

Community graduation vote thread:
http://shindig-dev.markmail.org/message/c47amdxjtntkjij5

Please cast your vote:
[ ] +1 to recommend Shindig's graduation
[ ] 0 don't care
[ ] -1 no, don't recommend yet, because ...

The vote will be open for 72 hours.

Cheers,

Vincent

[1] http://apache.markmail.org/message/qvpyymihv6gyh5a7

--- Begin Proposed Board Resolution ---

WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best interests of the
Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's purpose to establish a Project
Management Committee, charged with the creation and maintenance of open-source
software related to the implementation of an OpenSocial container and
OpenSocial API specifications, for distribution at no charge to the public.

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management Committee (PMC), to
be known as the "Apache Shindig PMC", is hereby established pursuant to Bylaws
of the Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Shindig Project be and hereby is responsible for the
creation and maintenance of software related to the OpenSocial API
specifications, based on software licensed to the Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Shindig" be and hereby
is created, the person holding such office to serve at the direction of the
Board of Directors as the chair of Apache Shindig, and to have primary
responsibility for management of the projects within the scope of responsibility
of the Apache Shindig PMC; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and hereby are appointed
to serve as the initial members of the Apache Shindig PMC:

* Ian Boston (ieb at apache dot org)
* Kevin Brown (etnu at apache dot org)
* Chris Chabot(chabotc at apache dot org)
* Chico Charlesworth (chico at apache dot org)
* Cassie Doll (doll at apache dot org)
* Evan Gilbert (evan at apache dot org)
* John Hjelmstad (johnh at apache dot org)
* Paul Lindner (lindner at apache dot org)
* Daniel Peterson (dpeterson at apache dot org)
* Louis Ryan (lryan at apache dot org)
* Henning Schmiedehausen (henning at apache dot org)
* Vincent Siveton (vsiveton at apache dot org)
* Upayavira (upayavira at apache dot org)
* Adam Winer (awiner at apache dot org)

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Paul Lindner be appointed to the
office of Vice President, Apache Shindig, to serve in accordance with and
subject to the direction of the Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the
Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or
until a successor is appointed; and be it further

RESOLVED, that Apache Shindig be and hereby is tasked with the migration
and rationalization of the Apache Incubator Shindig podling; and be it
further

RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator
Shindig podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator PMC are hereafter
discharged.

--- End Proposed Board Resolution ---

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Shindig as an Apache Top Level Project

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
+1

Regards,
Alan

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 12:41 PM, Vincent Siveton <vs...@apache.org> wrote:
> [...]
> * Henning Schmiedehausen (henning at apache dot org)
> * Vincent Siveton (vsiveton at apache dot org)
> * Upayavira (upayavira at apache dot org)
> * Adam Winer (awiner at apache dot org)
>
> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Paul Lindner be appointed to the
> office of Vice President, Apache Shindig, to serve in accordance with and
> subject to the direction of the Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the
> Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or
> until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that Apache Shindig be and hereby is tasked with the migration
> and rationalization of the Apache Incubator Shindig podling; and be it
> further
>
> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator
> Shindig podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator PMC are hereafter

Apache Wicket 1.4 increases type safety for web applications
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.4.4

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Shindig as an Apache Top Level Project

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
+1

Regards
Felix

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vs...@apache.org>.
The vote has passed with 20 +1 votes and no 0 or -1 votes.

+1 binding:
Matthias Wessendorf
Leo Simons
Ant Elder
Upayavira
Dave
Santiago Gala
Sylvain Wallez
Martijn Dashorst
Niclas Hedhman
Davanum Srinivas
Daniel Kulp
Felix Meschberger
Luciano Resende
Bertrand Delacretaz
Alan D. Cabrera

+1 non binding:
Dan Peterson
Glen Daniels
Kevin Brown
Malcolm Edgar
Vincent Siveton

There were no special remarks regarding the board resolution draft,
except that Santiago want to be part on the PMC.

Next step: I will send the proposed resolution to the board for approval.

Thank you for all the support, this is appreciated.

Cheers,

Vincent

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.
+1

--Glen

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

-- dims

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.

--
Sylvain Wallez - http://bluxte.net

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Shindig as an Apache Top Level Project

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
+1

Dan

dkulp@apache.org
http://www.dankulp.com/blog

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Shindig as an Apache Top Level Project

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
+1

http://people.apache.org/~lresende
http://lresende.blogspot.com/

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Shindig as an Apache Top Level Project

Posted by Santiago Gala <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1, with the proviso that my name was accidentally dropped from the
PRC member list in the proposed resolution, as I have already noted in
the relevant thread before this vote started. I asked to stay in the
relevan thread in private@ on December 19th

Regards
Santiago

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
+1

Posted by Malcolm Edgar <me...@apache.org>.
> [X ] +1 to recommend Shindig's graduation

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 7:41 PM, Vincent Siveton <vs...@apache.org> wrote:

> Please cast your vote:

[x] +1 to recommend Shindig's graduation

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er
I  work here; http://tinyurl.com/2ymelc
I relax here; http://tinyurl.com/2cgsug

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Shindig as an Apache Top Level Project

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.
On 1/14/10 11:41 AM, Vincent Siveton wrote:
> I would like to start an official vote to recommend the graduation of
> Apache Shindig as a Top Level Project to the Board.

+1!

- Leo

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Shindig as an Apache Top Level Project