Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Michael Ji <fj...@yahoo.com> on 2005/08/11 22:41:41 UTC

ant setup for Cgywin

hi there:

I tried to setup code compiling environment for my
windows XP box.

I installed Cygwin as my running environment.
Subversion works fine.

But compiler, "ant", isn't working. Gives me the
following error message:
"
Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tools/ant/
launch/Launcher
"

I do everything as ant manual and even run JWhich to
search the classpath. No result returned.

Any suggestions will be very helpful.

thanks,

Michael Ji,

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: ant setup for Cgywin

Posted by Michael Ji <fj...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Dawid:

Thanks, it works now:

----Before:
Cygwin is installed on E---secondary drive of my
system.

Ant is installed in E as well.

It doesn't work.

----Now:
Now, I change Ant directory to C:---primary directory
and I reset the ANT_HOME; Now everything works fine. A
bit weird, right? Don't know how it caused;

Just want to share my experience with people in group.

thanks again,

Michael Ji,

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Re: ant setup for Cgywin

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@cs.put.poznan.pl>.

Re: page ranking weights

Posted by Ken Krugler <kk...@transpac.com>.
>also how does it keep track of incoming links globally on these pages, if
>the weight is determined by # of incoming links then there would have to be
>somewhere it keeps track so when you split your indexes it can still have an
>accurate value for the distributed search?

The WebDB keeps track of this info. It's not in the segments/indexes.

>  > at which step does nutch figure out the weight of each page, the updatedb
>  > step? or the index step?

The updatedb step.

In UpdateDatabaseTool.java's PageContentChanged() method, first all
of the outlink URLs are harvested from the fetched page. Then a score
is calculated for each of the pages referenced by these outlink URLs,
based on the score of the fetched page, multiplied by either the
internal or external link weight (from Nutch config XML data, both
1.0 by default), depending on whether the URL is in the same domain
as the fetched page.

When you inject URLs, there is no referring page, so it arbitrarily
uses the db.score.injected value (1.0 by default).

So if you leave everything set to default values, and don't perform
link analysis, I think every page will wind up with a score of 1.0.

-- Ken
--
Ken Krugler
TransPac Software, Inc.

Re: page ranking weights

Posted by Piotr Kosiorowski <pk...@gmail.com>.
Boost for the page maybe calculated in few different ways (and in few
different places in nutch):
1) PageRank based score
	- calculated by "nutch analyze" command based on WebDB
	- during fetchlist generation scores from WebDB are stored in segment
	- indexing phase uses score to set the boost for a page
2) based on number of incoming links
	- during fetchlist generation inlinks are stored in segment
	- during indexing number of inlinks is read from segment and used in
boost calculation

There is a separate command (updatesegs) to update score and inlink
information in existing segments.
Regards
Piotr

Re: page ranking weights