Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Andrew Trieger <at...@yahoo.com> on 2002/04/19 18:37:36 UTC

Re: using SOAPContext as first argument in RPC SOAP messages class not working

yeah, that is a good idea.  The servlet.jar I compiled against was the same for all tests
as I forgot to change it, which is the servlet.jar in tomcat4.0.   So in theory Iplanet
could have a problem with that, but:

1. the test fails in tomcat as well as soon as I add the SOAPContext arg to the method.
2. the messaging works fine in iplanet if I just dont ask for the SOAPContext in the
helloworld method... it was accidently compiled against the wrong servlet.jar which I'll
fix and retry and doubt will fix it.

any other ideas??

you're correct, I'm not getting any exceptions that spew to stdout, in tomcat I watch
catalina.out where my _log(blabla) messages go (System.out.println()) and all I see is
the constructor is called and returns and the first _log message of my helloworld method
is never printed, nor any errors.  just a fault returned to the xml client.

Thanks, Drew

Re: using SOAPContext as first argument in RPC SOAP messages class not working

Posted by Andrew Trieger <at...@yahoo.com>.
Good idea, but I *think* its not even executing my method as my first
line println isnt coming out, so I'm screwed, but i might be able to
subclass rpcrouter servlet, use mine instead of theirs, catch throwable
and dump any info to stderr...

Any idea if defining my own custom fault-handler would be helpful?  I'm
not sure how that would help, but possibly it would be called by the
local soap stuff and given more error message info than is returned in
the soap response?  eh...  long shot.

I might just have to call this feature "Too new to work" and wait 6mos
and get along without it.  I could define a different soap router url
for EVERY method and then control access in iplanet... hassle.

Drew

Re: using SOAPContext as first argument in RPC SOAP messages class not working

Posted by Scott Nichol <sc...@yahoo.com>.
One thing I do to help debugging: I put all method
code (including all variable declarations) in a try
block, catch Throwable, and write a stack trace to
standard error.

Scott

http://taxes.yahoo.com/

Re: using SOAPContext as first argument in RPC SOAP messages class not working

Posted by Scott Nichol <sc...@yahoo.com>.

http://taxes.yahoo.com/