Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Dave <sn...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/06 22:38:15 UTC

Re: allow all users to add entries

On 2/28/07, Dmitriy <di...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I thought they need to be invited to the BLOG to post
> entries (not comments), otherwise they don't have
> 'author' permission to post  and I need this to be
> automatic. Can this be done via configuration?

OK. I see what you mean. No, that is not possible via configuration.

- Dave

Posted by Allen Gilliland <al...@sun.com>.
Basically what Linda is describing is the difference between aggregating
content vs. group blogging.  So instead of having all users blogging in
a single blog, you can have them all working on individual blogs and
then pull their collective entries together to accomplish the same thing.

You can always get at all entries from all weblogs if that's all you
need, but as Linda suggests you can also do this for specific topics
using tags.  This is a new feature of the 3.1 release which is about to
come out.

-- Allen

Posted by Linda Skrocki <Li...@Sun.COM>.
http://blogs.sun.com/main/feed/entries/atom?tags=sun

Dmitriy wrote:

>Sorry.
>
>Can you explain how "keyword/tag based aggregated blog
>entry" works?

I can't tell you much about *how* it works, but here's an example of a
feed based on blogs.sun.com entries that have the "sun" tag:
http://blogs.sun.com/main/feed/entries/atom?tags=sun

>Can I tie all users for a specific blog to allow
>posting entries?

Not sure I understand the question, but you can invite all registered
users (one by one) on your site to be contributing members of a single
blog. See section 5.4:
http://people.apache.org/~snoopdave/apache-roller-3.1/roller-user-guide.pdf

ls

Posted by Dmitriy <di...@yahoo.com>.
Sorry.

Can you explain how "keyword/tag based aggregated blog
entry" works?
Can I tie all users for a specific blog to allow
posting entries?

> --- Linda Skrocki <Li...@Sun.COM> wrote:
>
> > We've had this requested by Sun bloggers as well,
> > but opt'd for
> > keyword/tag based aggregated blog entry feeds
> > instead since the requests
> > were usually tied to a specific event or topic.
> >
> > ls
> >
> > Dave wrote:

> > post
> have
> > be
> > >

> > > OK. I see what you mean. No, that is not
> possible
> > via configuration.
> > >
> > > - Dave

> blog
> > have

> > entries?

> > Autos'

> love
> Pleasures
> > list.

> The fish are biting.
> Get more visitors on your site using Yahoo! Search
> Marketing.

It's here! Your new message!

Re: allow all users to add entries

Posted by Dmitriy <di...@yahoo.com>.
Can you explain how "ensure the consistent use of
corporate systems" works?

Posted by Linda Skrocki <Li...@Sun.COM>.