Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com> on 2005/04/23 00:13:32 UTC

[OT] Re: development environment

* Pentium IV 2.8GHz, 2G RAM, dual 21" monitors (CRT's... they're still
far better to me, screw size!)

* Windows XP Professional as main OS and Redhat8/WinNT/Win98/Mandrake in
VMWare for testing

* UltraEdit & Directory Opus - This is essentially my development
environment, these two are where I spend 90% of my time during the day

* Tomcat locally for all development as well as an instance on the
Redhat VM, a secondary PC next to me (lesser hardware specs, but still
decent) running Windows 2000 has WebSphere 5.1 which is our production
app server of choice

* Maxthon and Firefox for testing

* Oracle 9i for all database development

* SourceSafe for some things, CVS for others (we are moving to all CVS,
but SS is still in use right now)

That's the important stuff I figure.  That's at work by the way, but I
have an almost identical setup in my home office (laptop instead of
secondary PC is the big difference), configured in a very similar way,
so with the full VPN access to work, I can work almost as effectively at
home as at work, not to mention work on my own stuff off-hours.

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect