Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by "Keefer, Bruce W. (NSSC)[LM]" <Br...@nasa.gov> on 2007/12/28 15:15:58 UTC

[Studio] Java Heap Space Internal Error

I found that running large queries will cause an internal error due to
java heap space.  After a long search I found a java plug-in with
parameters for use at the command line.  I took a leap and tried it with
studio and it worked.  I no longer have java heap space errors.  I feel
it may be beneficial to others to have this information and to publish
command line arguments for others.  Below is the command line I used:

"Apache Directory Studio.exe" -vmargs -Xms512m -Xmx512m
-XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m

Regards

Bruce

Re: [Studio] Java Heap Space Internal Error

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Bruce !

Keefer, Bruce W. (NSSC)[LM] wrote:

> I found that running large queries will cause an internal error due to
> java heap space.  After a long search I found a java plug-in with
> parameters for use at the command line.  I took a leap and tried it
> with studio and it worked.  I no longer have java heap space errors.
> I feel it may be beneficial to others to have this information and to
> publish command line arguments for others.  Below is the command line
> I used:
>
> "Apache Directory Studio.exe" -vmargs -Xms512m -Xmx512m
> -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m

Maybe are you using a new Sun JVM ? It's known to have some problem with
PermSize (we have had troubles with Eclipse before having set this
parameter).

Does it happens with JRockit or IBM JVM ?

Thanks for the info anyways !

> Regards
>
> Bruce

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: [Studio] Java Heap Space Internal Error

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Thanks Bruce,

We already had an entry in our FAQ about that. We were telling people to run
Apache Directory Studio using these parameters: -vmargs -Xms128m -Xmx512m

I've just updated the page (http://directory.apache.org/studio/faqs.html) to
add your additional parameters.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,