Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by muvvala <go...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/21 11:56:58 UTC

NUllPointerexception in cachedxpath api

Hi , we are using cahcedXapthAPI in our servicemix code. We are creating this
object at thread level every time and then using it to extract a value from
an XML content.

But the problem is, I am getting the following  exception arbitarily.

java.lang.NullPointerException
            at
org.apache.xml.utils.PrefixResolverDefault.getNamespaceForPrefix(PrefixResolverDefault.java:95)
            at
org.apache.xml.utils.PrefixResolverDefault.getNamespaceForPrefix(PrefixResolverDefault.java:61)
            at org.apache.xpath.compiler.Lexer.mapNSTokens(Lexer.java:587)
            at org.apache.xpath.compiler.Lexer.tokenize(Lexer.java:265)
            at org.apache.xpath.compiler.Lexer.tokenize(Lexer.java:96)
            at
org.apache.xpath.compiler.XPathParser.initXPath(XPathParser.java:110)
            at org.apache.xpath.XPath.<init>(XPath.java:176)
            at org.apache.xpath.CachedXPathAPI.eval(CachedXPathAPI.java:284)
            at
org.apache.xpath.CachedXPathAPI.selectNodeIterator(CachedXPathAPI.java:179)
            at
org.apache.xpath.CachedXPathAPI.selectSingleNode(CachedXPathAPI.java:140)

What could be the reason for this issue?
Thanks in Advance..

Re: NUllPointerexception in cachedxpath api

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
L.S.,

Could you show us the way you are using this inside ServiceMix?  The
stacktrace doesn't show any ServiceMix-related entries so it might be
just a bug in the xml utils code, but if you show us how you are using
this inside ServiceMix, that might allow us to give you some addtional
points or suggestions on things to try.

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com